Golden Gate Online
Golden Gate Online allows students to pursue seminary education anytime, anywhere. All classes are asynchronous—there are no mandatory meeting times. Students can fit the class requirements to their schedules.
Class Access (current students)
Golden Gate Seminary offers the following degrees, programs, and certificates 100% online:
The online Masters degrees offered by Golden Gate Seminary combine the best of academic studies with significant professional training to prepare men and women called to a multiplicity of ministry expressions in our world. Golden Gate Seminary's online Masters degrees are fully accredited academic and professional degrees. Therefore, students must hold baccalaureate degrees before being admitted to one of the programs offered.
The Diploma in Theology degree is a three-year program designed to offer training to those called into full-time ministry, who normally have rich life and career experience, but lack an undergraduate degree. The DTh shares all the degree objectives and course work of the MDiv degree with the exception of the biblical languages requirement.
A Certificate may be granted to students who complete an online program of at least 14 units of prescribed master-level study intended to provide a specific skill set for Christian ministry. Units are transferable to degree programs so a certificate is a way to try the online program if you are not yet sure you want to commit to a degree or diploma
What Is Unique about Golden Gate Online?
Although they come in a different package, online classes at Golden Gate are equal in quality to face-to-face classes.
- All Golden Gate Online classes are specifically designed for the online environment. These are not face-to-face classes transferred to the web. They are conceived and executed with the web in mind.
- Each course is developed by a Golden Gate faculty member with help from an online education consultant to be sure to use the best online pedagogy.
- To facilitate genuine engagement between students and their peers and professors, class sizes are kept small, averaging less than 20 students.
- Most classes are taught by Golden Gate full time faculty. All classes are taught by experts in their field who hold or are pursuing terminal degrees and are actively involved in ministry.
- Students have 24/7 access to a help desk for technical issues.