Admissions Information for International Students
International applicants must complete a pre-application prior to receiving the regular application packet.
Process for international student application:
- Submit all pre-application materials (A pre-application checklist is provided to help you organize your materials) before the deadline (November 1 for spring semester and June 1 for fall). Pre-application includes the following elements:
- Pre-Application Form
- Financial support verification: Applicants must complete and submit financial documentation as described on page 3 of the pre-application. Please refer to the Estimated Financial expenses document to determine how much financial support is needed. Financial amounts must be converted to U.S. dollars and all supporting documents must be translated into English.
- English Proficiency: If English is not the applicant's first language, we require an official copy of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. Please see our catalog to determine the required TOEFL score for our different degree programs. An exemption of the TOEFL requirement may be granted if the applicant has received a degree from an accredited institution where the instruction was entirely in English. Other exemptions are available if applying to our Korean Bilingual programs.
- Official transcripts and transcript evaluation: Applicants must submit official transcripts of all college, university, and seminary education. These transcripts must be translated into English and sent in a sealed envelope directly from the educational institution to the Admissions Office. If transcripts of the qualifying degree are from a school outside the United States, they will need to be evaluated by a professional evaluation agency.
- Submit a regular application for admissions.
- Upon final approval for admission, you will be issued an I-20, which is necessary for your F-1 visa application or for your transfer from another approved SEVIS school.
To be considered a Southern Baptist-status student, international applicants must be a member of a Baptist church in their home country or a member of a Southern Baptist church in the United States prior to admission. Southern Baptist students must maintain their affiliation and active membership in a local Southern Baptist church during their studies at Golden Gate Seminary.
Further information about any of the above is available from the International Student Advisor's Office at 888-442-8701.