Spiritual Formation Mentor Resources
Theological Field Education (TFE) at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary depends upon volunteer Spiritual Formation Mentors who mentor students in the area of spiritual formation during their ministry practicum. We are gratefully indebted to these men and women, who give at least one hour each month to meet with students during their practicum. If you are a current Spiritual Mentor or desire to become one, the information found on this page will be helpful.
General qualifications for Spiritual Formation Mentors:
A Spiritual Formation Mentor may not be:
- Demonstrates spiritual growth and has a deep level of spiritual maturity.
- Models transparency for open and honest discussion in areas of spirituality and personhood.
- Maintains confidences.
- Demonstrates spiritual and personal integrity.
- Gives time and attention in meeting at least once a month for a minimum of an hour during the student’s ministry practicum. The student and Mentor may meet longer or more often.
- Challenges the student to go to higher levels in their spiritual journey.
Spiritual Formation Mentor Files and Forms:
- A relative of the student
- Another GGBTS student
- The same person as the student's Field Mentor