Application Information for Special Students (non-degree-seeking)
Requirements for consideration:
Application Deadline: July 15 (for fall enrollment); December 15 (for spring enrollment)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university OR 25 years old or older and have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- TOEFL score that is not more than one year old (score of 550 on the paper-based exam or 80 iBT or higher) for students who speak English as a second language or do not have a degree from an accredited institution in the U.S.
- Current church membership and potential for leadership in the church
- Application and $50 fee
- A letter on church letterhead from a representative of the applicant's church indicating membership status.
- Two personal recommendations: one from a minister and one from a fellow church member.
- Original, signed Ethical Conduct Standard form
- TOEFL score (not more than one year old) of 550 on paper-based exam or 80 iBT or higher (if required)
Individuals transferring courses to other institutions must only submit the application form, $50 fee, and an official transcript or a letter from the registrar of the institution in which they are enrolled stating that he/she is a student in good standing.
Students studying at Golden Gate are encouraged to work toward the goal of completing a degree program. There are no limitations on the number of units that can be taken as a special student. However, if a special student is admitted to a degree program at a later date, no more than 20 units taken as a special student can be applied toward the degree.